The following five tips will help you improve your press:
1. Make sure your technique is correct – The key here is not to tilt your shoulders; You should encourage them instead. You should also push your chest out and keep your elbows pulled in.
You can also know more about how to bench press at https://spcperformancelab.com.au/videos/how-to-bench-press/.
2. Lower the Barbell – If you often try to push the barbell off your chest, this is one suggestion you should try. Instead of pushing against the bar, push yourself away from the bar. You can do this by pressing your body against the bench.
Image Source: Google
3. Keep your glutes on the bench – lifting your buttocks off the bench should stop as it can cause quite uncomfortable back injuries, instead keep your body straight on the bench and make sure you have a wide stance (legs apart and not close together)
4. Eat More – A poor diet leads to poor weight lifting in the gym. Eating a healthy, balanced diet is the key to a good lift. Check out the Beginner's Guide to Healthy Eating to see if your diet is on the right track.
5. Bench Press More – Very easy, but often overlooked. The more you do something, the better you get at it. This can no longer apply to banks. If you use the tips I've outlined, you'll see a huge difference in how much you can bench press