Physiotherapy is a treatment that uses physical exercises and techniques to improve the function of the body. It can be used to treat a wide range of conditions, including neck pain. You can also avail the services of neck and shoulder therapy online via https://www.physio.family/relieve-neck-pain/.
Image Source: Google
Here are some of the common treatments physiotherapy can offer for neck pain:
– Muscle relaxants: Muscle relaxants help to reduce the amount of pain you feel by relaxing your muscles. This can relieve tension in your neck and reduce the feeling of tightness or stiffness. Some examples include diazepam (Valium) and lorazepam (Ativan).
– Massage: A massage can help to relieve tension and pain in your neck. A masseuse will use both their hands and their feet to massage your neck, back, and shoulders. This can help to improve blood circulation and reduce inflammation. Massage can also increase the flow of lymphatic fluid, which helps to remove toxins from your body.
– Chiropractic care: Chiropractic care involves adjustments to your spine that may help relieve tension in your neck. A chiropractor may also recommend exercises to improve your flexibility and range of motion.
– Range of motion exercises: These exercises help to improve the range of motion in the neck muscles, which can reduce tension and pain in the neck.
– Hot packs: Hot packs are filled with hot water and applied to the skin to provide thermal therapy. This treatment can help to reduce inflammation and pain in the neck.
– Manual therapy: Manual therapy uses pressure and massage techniques on specific areas of the body to relieve pain. This includes techniques such as kneading, tapping and rolling.