The wide array of meat products enticingly displayed at the local butcher shop makes us want to just load our shopping basket without even examining the labels. You cannot pick up meat in a hurry as you might end up with old meat that's on its way out.
You can buy frozen meat at https://brazilmeatexporters.com/.
When buying pre-packaged meat, you need to check that the
- the package is sealed properly
- the expiry date is still valid
- the package is frozen well
- meat is not purple or brown in color and the fat is not yellowed (ideally meat should be a fresh pink with the bones a bright white)
- package does not give out any foul odor
- the package is 'organic' certified so you are sure where the meat is from
- the package is clearly labeled with a description of the cut of meat, weight, price, packaging and expiry dates
If you want your meat to last longer and also save on money, buy a roast instead of strip steaks. Slice your meat only when you are ready to cook it for the best taste. Mince your beef at home just before preparation as packaged ground beef tends to be tougher because of the lack of airflow.
Carry a cooler with you when you go meat shopping to keep the meat chilled until you get home. Follow the storage recommendations on the labels to make sure the meat stays fresh and lasts longer. Store your meat separately to avoid dripping onto other food items in the freezer. Also, never store your cooked meat dishes with raw meat.